Saturday, August 13, 2011

Social Networking - a bane or a boon

When I was conducting a training session, I stressed the need for making good presentations. Some of my trainees were impressed. They wanted to do something. I gave them a topic for 5 minutes for making presentations. They agreed. The topic was as given above. Social networking - a bane or a boon. Motivated by my encouragement, the presenters did a good job burning their midnight oil.

Boon:-
1. It is a useful effort to stay connected
2. In today's context, it is difficult to meet, net helps us
3. I can choose my Girl Friend
4. Good time pass...

Bane:-
1. Personally I am against
2. Hacking is a threat
3. False friendship possible
4. It will develop loneliness
5. Potential for misusing

The debate concluded by agreeing that
"Social network is good if we know our limitations"

My thoughts

While I have a mixed feeling I am happy as well to listen to what all my young friends think. I do agree with all their perceptions, It is good to keep in touch with people we know. In fact my school mate Sethu came into my contact after a few decades ... thanx to facebook, and the best part is he sent me a school photograph of mine, which he clicked when I was in my SSLC.... I was extremely moved when I float back to the bygone era. Now I am 56 and the photo was taken when I was 16. Just imagine what face book has done for me. This is what you are seeing in the photo below...

For everything there are 2 views. But why should we look at the ugly part of it. Let us enjoy life and the happier moments. My friend is about 3000 Kms away from me, but still I feel close to him , Thanks to the modern gadgets, we didn't have all these things when we were young

V SELVARAJAN


myself at 16 , 4 decades back........

No comments:

Post a Comment